Today was stay at home day.
I have the luxury of staying at home because aside from being a full time, hands on mom; I’m also a full time freelancer.
It could’ve been any other left over dinner night. We’ve had “ulam” leftover from lunch but the little boss wanted pasta. So, out came the tried and tested vegetarian pasta. (it can be vegan if one item is eliminated).
- Spaghetti (cooked according to package instructions)
- Diced tomatoes (I used 3 medium sized ones)
- Minced garlic (we love garlic. I used 6 pcs)
- Basil leaves (I think I used around 12 pcs)
- 4 to 5 TBSP Olive oil and 1 TBSP butter (latter can be omitted if opting for vegan pasta)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in pan.
- Add in butter. (this can be omitted)
- Saute tomatoes in olive oil until soft.
- Add in garlic. (I prefer it in this order so that the garlic doesn’t brown).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. (option : for spicy pasta, add in chili flakes)
- Toss in the drained pasta and mix (I don’t have the technical skills to toss so I mix it).
- Turn off heat and add in olive slices and basil leaves.
- Toss / mix one more time so that pasta is coated with olive oil and other stuff.